Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Faithful... for a Day



The best thing about last month's 49er Family Day at San Francisco's Monster Park was getting to run the 40 yard dash "against" my 8 year old son. They timed us and everything. I wonder, at what age will he actually be faster than me? I still let him win 99 percent of the time, and waiting in line at the 40 yard dash I worried that I was "spoiling" him. That I'm not giving him enough experience with reality. I stopped my wondering after I saw every single parent do exactly the same thing with their own kids.
SO, I guess we are NOT a Great Santini generation.

My only beef with the 49er event was how they advertised tours of the actual locker rooms, then when we got to the park we were told they had been "sold out." I didn't even know we needed a reservation! Better info next time, I hope, to avoid disappointment.
Oh well, I guess 49er fans are supposed to be used to disappointment -- as evidenced by the big selling t-shirts of the day:
"49er FAITHFUL."
...I guess you gotta be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve:
As a 49er Faithful I feel your pain. But there are other opportunities to get up and close to the 49ers if you are a season ticket holder.
If you're not then the pickings are pretty slim.
I would really love to hear from you during football season with your thoughts on my passion NFL football.
And, would you please add us to your links?
Thank you
Ivette Ricco
President
www.Femmefan.com