Thursday, February 01, 2007

How Close did You get to the "Big Game?"... PLUS Snacks!

I am basking in the feeling of "one more meaningful game," and I don't care how many times I hear about Bears and Colts carrying the dreams of their families and communities!

Peyton Manning, after nine years in the league, college, high school, and back to the previous generation. Rex Grossman’s father played college ball, and grandfather played in the NFL - for the Colts, no less!

That’s not to say the parents, much less the public, hasn’t realized their own share of dreams, but the closest I ever got to my “big game’ was high school basketball, and you might have nicknamed me the "Archie Manning" of point guards.

http://www.porktenderloinsandwich.com/

If you're a Colts fan looking to serve some authentic Indianapolis food at your SB party, look no further than the Fried Pork Tenderloin Sandwich.

The pictures alone are enough to give me indigestion, but the natives swear by it.


Did you know a pro football player burns through about 4,000 calories during a game? Thanks, L.A. Times Health section, for reminding me that my guacamole dreams far out"weigh" my caloric couch reality.

Who scored more points this year,
the Colts or the Bears?


Answer: they both scored an EQUAL 427 points!


1 comment:

Davydd said...

You posted a picture of my "gnarly" one. There are much more appetizing tenderloins on my website porktenderloinsandwich.com but this one is the one for the Super Bowl...

http://web.mac.com/davydd/iWeb/Site/Pork%20Tenderloin%20Sandwich%20Blog/09F789D4-F37A-40D9-9FCB-90C73703C0AD.html