Thursday, August 23, 2007

Speaking the Truth


On Michael Vick:
I've done things I've known are wrong. I have lied to hide my shame, I have occasionally shoplifted, but those were merely shrugs and Crackerjack prizes compared to this lowlife.
I'm sad for all of us. I think the NFL will become stronger for this in the end, but It's going to take banning Vick from the league.

More than anything else, when the pitchforks and torches are put away, I hope there is actual rehabilitation for him and his cohorts. Time and effort must be made to help them see the light (no LIE), because someone like him could make a difference as an activist against dogfighting.

Oh goodness, will I never put my naivete away?

On Eli Manning & Tiki Barber:
Manning had every right to speak up against Barber for insulting him about his leadership. It's true that Barber called his own leadership and heart into question when he announced his retirement mid-season, but let's put this into perspective. Commentator Marshall Faulk was right when he described this story as "fun."
The "He said/He said" of the NFL talking heads reminded me a little too much of gossip by the lockers in junior high. If Eli and Tiki really didn't want the publicity they wouldn't have this "feud" via the media.
The NFL is just relieved to have something fluffy to talk about that doesn't involve actual "fur."

No comments: