Monday, December 04, 2006

Broncos start Rookie Jay Cutler


Last week I felt sorry for Jake Plummer being replaced. This week I feel sorry for Jay Cutler coming into a tough situation. But I was impressed with Cutler's confidence. They almost won! I think he will become a strong QB, just tough to watch the rookie throwing the ball up for grabs and tripping over his own feet.

www.ivillage.com/femalefan puts up contenders for Sunday Night's Sexist players, and this week I voted for Cutler simply because of those sad post-game puppy dog eyes.



What is up with the blame game this season regarding quarterbacks? Bledsoe and Plummer lose their jobs midseason, and now the media is after Chcicago Bears' Grossman. (Okay, it was a good idea to take out Bledsoe, I give you that.) But I've got to hand it to Lovie Smith for standing behind Grossman when the press keeps hounding him about putting in Griese. The Bears are 10-2, and if it's all about winning, then don't rock the boat! Sure, Grossman makes mistakes, so sometimes it's going to have to be the defense or special teams stepping up, and thank goodness for that this week.

No comments: